Stanard & Associates’ entry-level tests help agencies select the most qualified candidates and eliminate the time and expense involved in unnecessary interviewing, training and other expensive components of an agency’s hiring process. With limited budgets for managing the selection process, agencies cannot afford to waste resources on poor hiring decisions. When you join hundreds of other public safety agencies in choosing Stanard& Associates for your entry-level testing needs, you can count on exceptional product quality and customer service. Our research-based selection tests have been demonstrated again and again to be job-related and predictive of important performance outcomes.
The National Police Officer Selection Test (POST)
The National Police Officer Selection Test (POST) is an entry-level basic skills test that helps law enforcement agencies select the most qualified applicants by ensuring that candidates possess the basic cognitive skills necessary to successfully perform the job. The POST is a valid, job-related test designed specifically for law enforcement use, which measures these basic skills: Arithmetic, Reading Comprehension, Grammar and Incident Report Writing. Increase your department’s hiring efficiency by using the POST to ensure candidates possess the fundamental skills to succeed in training and on the job.
Why use the POST?
- Inexpensive and efficient selection tool
- Four different forms are available
- Easy to administer
- Can be scored by the department or by Stanard& Associates, Inc.
- Consists of questions directly related to police tasks
- Backed up by extensive research and development
- Employs content and criterion-related validity
- Is associated with higher training academy performance
- Developed in accordance with EEOC and professional guidelines
- Complies with ADA requirements
The POST exam is used for law enforcement officer selection by a variety of municipal, county, state and federal agencies.